This article provides a quick start guide for adding Google Login to Authress, so that your users can use Google Login to authenticate into your software.
If you are looking to enable admin login access into the Authress Management Portal using your corporate IdP see the Authress Management Portal SSO Configuration.
In this guide we’ll use Google login as an example of how to connect. Setting up authentication requires the following parts:
- Authress-Google OAuth configuration
- New application setup
- Testing the configuration
Google OAuth configuration
- Prerequisite: You will need a Google Developer account
Select the first login provider you wish to integrate. For this example we’ll pick Google.
- Enable the Google preconfigured connection.
- Follow Google’s instructions to set up an OAuth 2.0 app credentials, and then when creating your OAuth 2.0 credentials, specify
- Authorized redirect URIs: https://custom.domain/login (Replacing the custom.domain with the domain specified above.)
- Obtain the OAuth Client ID and Client Secret from your Google Developer dashboard.
- Paste the Client ID and Client Secret from Google to your Authress Connection
- [Optional] Update the OAuth consent screen with your application’s information.
Validate the configuration
Now the setup is complete and you are ready to test connection. You can test the connection in the Authress Connection configuration by clicking
When everything is configured correctly you'll see the test login success screen: