This article provides a quick start guide for adding Google Login to Authress, so that your users can use Google Login to authenticate into your software.
If you are looking to enable admin login access into the Authress Management Portal using your corporate IdP see the Authress Management Portal SSO Configuration.
In this guide we’ll use Google login as an example of how to connect. Setting up authentication requires the following parts:
- Authress-Google OAuth configuration
- New application setup
- Testing the configuration
Google OAuth configuration
- Prerequisite: You will need a Google Developer account
Select the first login provider you wish to integrate. For this example we’ll pick Google.
- Enable the Google preconfigured connection.
- Navigate to the Google Cloud Platform and create a new OAuth client ID. (Note: you will already need an existing GCP project for this to work. If you don't have one, you can create one now. They are free.)
Specify the Application type to be
Web Application, and specify the Name to be
Then add the following based on your Authress Custom Domain, replacing the authress.company.com below with your custom domain:info
If you aren't sure what your Authress Custom Domain is, checkout your Custom Domain configuration in the Authress Management Portal.
- Authorized redirect URIs: https://authress.company.com/login
- Obtain the OAuth Client ID and Client Secret from your Google Developer dashboard.
- Paste the Client ID and Client Secret from Google to your Authress Connection
- [Optional] Update the OAuth consent screen with your application’s information.
Validate the configuration
Now the setup is complete and you are ready to test connection. You can test the connection in the Authress Connection configuration by clicking
When everything is configured correctly you'll see the test login success screen: